Pragmatic Web is a leading web design agency based in Brighton, the UK’s ‘digital media hub’. They have a unique business model, with an experienced team that specialises in web site design, build and support using WordPress.
Whilst they had a number of exciting growth plans in place, they were faced with some key challenges:
- Operating in a highly competitive marketplace meant coming up against other agencies on a daily basis
- People’s perception of WordPress is that ‘anyone can do it’, so why pay an agency?
With internal resources focused on design and development, Pragmatic decided to engage with Bluestone with a view to using us as a front-end extension to their business development arm.
We started by identifying and building a sizeable list of contacts that we knew already had WordPress web sites. Using our BOOST™ lead generation system, we then rolled out a referral generation campaign to establish the correct decision makers, engage with them on the value proposition, and uncover a number of new business opportunities for Pragmatic’s sales team to nurture and develop.
- Brand awareness – before starting the process, fewer people were aware of Pragmatic and their services.
- Pipeline development – a number of new business opportunities were generated and have since been developed by Pragmatic’s sales team.
- Regular reports – campaign transparency and regular feedback has helped Pragmatic to understand their value proposition and develop their approach to new business.
- Freeing up valuable time – by supporting Pragmatic at the front end of their sales process, we enabled them to focus on the business end (i.e. closing sales and designing web sites).
Bluestone has been a great resource to have on board to support us at the front end of our business development programme. Their honest and transparent approach, coupled with a number of positive opportunities, provided a major boost at the start of a busy and successful year.
Angelo Giovino, Head of Sales, Pragmatic Web